If you are serving on a non-profit or community association board you have 10 key responsibilities to your fellow board members and the organization:
1) Fulfill the mission and purposes of the organization, and advocate for them.
2) Select the general manager or chief executive.
3) Support and evaluate the general manager or chief executive.
4) Ensure effective planning.
5) Monitor and strengthen programs and services.
6) Ensure adequate financial resources.
7) Protect assets and provide financial oversight.
8) Build and sustain a competent board.
9) Ensure legal and ethical integrity.
10) Enhance and organization’s public standing.